Monday, June 15, 2009

Let us sit as men do and tell tales from the war

I had lunch with three other men involved in pastoral ministry today. We try and get together 3 or 4 time a year to encourage one another, to argue, to eat and to pray. One is a recently appointed rector, one is involved in church planting among Sydney's Chinese community and one is an Assistant Minister at one of Sydney's biggest parishes (there is a fourth who was missing today).

Life is so busy that it is always a hassle to organise but without fail I come away encouraged and thankful that I didn't miss it.

We argue strategy and tactics, sharing victories and defeats and comparing scars. Sometimes the scars are fresh. Sometimes they are inflicted by friendly fire, which is disappointing.

I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment